User Adv

Custom Actions

Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:40 am

Good Morning,

I'm having trouble adding the MariaDB msi installer package through a custom actions. Give me installation error, saying there is a problem with the installation package. What is the best way to install my database server in silent mode and checking if it already exists?

First there was created an executable that launched the installation, but the additional setup exe was running but never ran me part of a facility database ... the result was that there was already an ongoing installation! You can not run a through MSI file has executable in the setup?

Thank you.

Dan

Re: Custom Actions

Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:14 pm

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Note that Windows Installer allows only one MSI-based installation to run at any given time. Therefore, if you launch another MSI package while an MSI installation is in progress, you will see this message ("Another installation is already in progress"). Note that if your package requires other software to be installed, you can use prerequisites support.

Also, in order to have a better view about your installation scenario, please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation process to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? If it contains confidential information you can send us a small test project which reproduce this behavior.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”