thorton

Customization

Will it be possible in a future release to be able to change the pictures / logos which are displayed during a setup process?

Also, some of the text within the setup process as well! This would make the user less restricted (I personally think!!).

A lot has developed since the first version (0.1) I downloaded at the beginning of April!! I really like using your MSI creation software because it is so simple to use!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! :D

Best Regards
Cata

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your kind words. It feels awesome when people enjoy our work.

Yup, UI features are in the works. That means inclusion/exclusion of dialogs, dialog customization and ultimatelly creation and editing. Will be included gradually in our releases, as soon as they are ready.

All the best,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
thorton

When is the Next Release??

When are you likely to release the next version of your excellent program??

It has been a while since your last release! What features will it have in the next release??

I am eager to know!! :lol:

Best Regards
Cata

Hi Thomas,

Our next release will be out pretty soon, I think/hope. We still have a couple of things to finish and then we'll ship.

New features include:
- a complete help system with use guide and tutorials
- pretty 32-bit 24x24 WinXP toolbar icons
- support for installing and stating Java applications (native launcher with splash screen, JRE recognition, etc.)

This last feature (Java Support) is an optional module which will be our first commercial offering as well. This module will be released under a "free for non-commercial use, small fee otherwise" license type.

And we'll bump the version number to 1.0 since we're considering the current code base stable and usable enough.

Best regards,
Cata
slasc

how long?

How long do you anticipate it will be until your next version is released?

I'm eager to see it.
Cata

One week, two at most. We are very eager to release it. :-)

You know, I was thinking to have some sort of notification mechanism on the website about new releases, but since these days mailing lists are not such a good idea because of spam... Any suggestions?

Cata
redixon

Cata wrote:You know, I was thinking to have some sort of notification mechanism on the website about new releases, but since these days mailing lists are not such a good idea because of spam... Any suggestions?

Cata
I think mailing lists are fine, as long as they are opt in. I use them to notify me when several apps I use are updated. The only issue I have is I don't know, IOW haven't taken the time to figure out :oops: , why some of my notifications come through as junk mail and others don't. I suspect it has something to do with how the message is addressed.

Barring that, you could have a What's New forum that people could monitor.

Cata wrote:One week, two at most. We are very eager to release it. :-)

You know, I was thinking to have some sort of notification mechanism on the website about new releases, but since these days mailing lists are not such a good idea because of spam... Any suggestions?

Cata
RSS Feed is the way to go, since it definately is opt-in (you have to fire up your Feed Reader or whatever else you use to parse xml). But if RSS isn't really an option then a text only email list would be the way to go. HTML email may get canned from certain mail servers and mail clients because of the inherant virus/worm risks.
SeeWare

slasc wrote:How long do you anticipate it will be until your next version is released?
Cata wrote:One week, two at most. We are very eager to release it. :-)

Cata
Any updates on this?[/quote]
Cata

We're on track for the release. Just a few short days left. Still have to do some more testing, docs and update the website.

Cata
michaelmross

Run Newly Installed Application...!

The only minimum requirement missing in the 1.1 release is the ability to run the newly installed app on closing the installer. Any hidden registry setting for this:-?
I could even live without this if I was able to customize the text on the final wizard window to say run the app from the Start menu program group. Anyway to customize these message strings...? Seems like exposing these through the .aip file would make sense.
[/b]
Cata

Custom Actions (including the ability to run the newly installed app) are planned for our next (1.2) release. No hidden tricks for 1.1 I'm afraid :-(...

UI customization is a much requested feature and we're working on it, but it is still not ready to release. Exposing in AIP then in a nice GUI is the way to do it, indeed.

Cata

Return to “Feature Requests”