korr

Logging in User/Group actions

Wed May 11, 2016 6:45 pm

AI has some built in user and group functionality, but I can't find any relevant information during logging about what actions it is (or is not) taking.

And upgrade where a group does not exist (but its expecting to remove) throws a window with error 4104 (I believe), but looking back at the logs I cant find that information.
When a group is supposed to be skipped if it already exists the logging just shows starting the action of "CreateGroup" it does not indicate whether it actually skipped group creation or not.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Eusebiu

Re: Logging in User/Group actions

Tue May 17, 2016 9:14 am

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

Indeed, the log does not offer so many details about the user/group custom actions.I added this improvement on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for your suggestion.

I'm afraid I do not fully understand the scenario where the 4104 error is thrown. Can you please give me more details (maybe exemplify)? Also, ca you please send me a verbose log of the installation?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Re: Logging in User/Group actions

Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:55 pm

Hello,

This improvement has been added in Advanced Installer 17.3, released on July 29th, 2020

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”