adcdao

French language support in free version

Hi,

I'm using Advanced Installer Professional from maybe 5 or 6 years. Previously I was using Installshield Express. I like your product, the professional version include almost anything I need and the price is right. My problem is, I create programs for clients and I have to delivered the source code. I'm also using Visual Studio Professional but I have to be sure that my solution will work with the free version Community. But when I said to the client they had to purchase the professional license to make modification to the setup program they challenge me to use another setup program. Many times the free version will do the job except the language. Most of my client work in French. Is it possible to add language support in the free version? Or at least, not able to create with new language but modify the setup created with the professonal version in another language than English.

Regards,

André
Daniel

Re: French language support in free version

Hello André,

Thank you for your feature request. For the moment there is no way to create French localized setup packages using the freeware features in Advanced Installer. However, we'll debate your feature request and if we will decide to add french language support in the freeware edition of Advanced Installer we'll notify you. However, since such change will require lots of refactoring in our application, to be honest I think our project manager will be very reluctant to go on this route.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”