mathiaso

Update to selected users

I have not seen this feature so I will try posting here.
We would like to have a feature like Microsoft update/deployment ring that allows us to have a selected group of users that gets the update earlier so that we can work out any issues in the product with them before we update all of our customers.
Daniel

Re: Update to selected users

Hello,

To achieve what you want you can use our "Updater" tool. Please take a look over our "Using The Auto Updater" tutorial.

For instance, when a new early fix is available you can upload the updates setup and the updates configuration file at a new location on your web server and, then from your target customer's machines you can call the Updater from your application using the -url command line switch so that the Updater use the info from the updates config file of the early fix updates.

If you have any questions or doubts just let us know,

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mathiaso

Thanks for answering,

I understand that I can upload to different locations, but I am not sure how you mean by setting another url on the "target customer machines".
How would I get the different -url command line switch to these customers?

/Mathias
Daniel

Hello Mathias,

You can try to handle this from your application. You can launch the Updater from your application with a different -url command line switch depending on the machine from where your application runs. Something like this.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”