mochalov

Improperly working field "Minimum Version" for Prerequisites

1. Go to the Prerequisites
2. Add the "Predefined Prerequisites," "SQL Server 2014 SP2 x64"
3. Move into Pre-Install.
4. Edit the field in the Minimum Version 12.0.5000.0 on 12.0.4213.0 (SQL Server 2014 SP1 x64) or-12.0 (SQL Server 2014 x64)
5. Build the installer
6. Run

We expect:

In the installation of additional components in the "Found" - 12.0.4213.0 or 12.0 (depending on which version we have installed on your PC)

Got:
in the "Found" - empty. Although the PC version is already installed 12.0.4213.0
Hence - a necessary condition is not satisfied. And you need to install the next version of the installer that asks.

PS: The condition is met if only to reduce the major version. For example, on 11.0. But in this case, the conditions precedent window is not displayed at all.
Also, it is met, if the version installed on the PC to match the version provided. And then, in the window to install additional components to it it is displayed.

PPS: And also I would like to list Predefined Prerequisites in accordance with the established design language. Now all English-language packages, matter what language is selected in the installer project.
Eusebiu

Re: Improperly working field "Minimum Version" for Prerequisites

Hi,

I tested your scenario, but I couldn't reproduce the behavior. Are you sure that you have another version of "SQL Server 2014" product installed on your test machine? Can you please send me a test project that reproduces this, so I can test it?

Please keep in mind that you do not need to build the project every time you want to test the prerequisites conditions. You can simply use the "Evaluate..." button from the "Install Conditions" tab of the prerequisite.
PPS: And also I would like to list Predefined Prerequisites in accordance with the established design language. Now all English-language packages, matter what language is selected in the installer project.
I'm afraid that I do not fully understand your request. Can you please give me more details?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”