PedroNL

GUI automation scripting

Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:18 pm

It would be nice if you had GUI automation scripting included in your application for enterprise product.

Daniel

Re: GUI automation scripting

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:52 am

Hello,

I've added your proposal on our improvements list and hopefully it will be available in the future. Thank you for your suggestion. We will update this thread when this feature will be out.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

PedroNL

Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Any update or ETA on this?

Daniel

Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:30 am

Hello,

Unfortunately I cannot give you any ETA for this. This new feature has a low priority for now because our development team is very busy this year.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel

PedroNL

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:12 pm

Any update on this?

Daniel

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:05 pm

Hello,

I'm afraid this feature is still pending with a low priority.

Currently the only support we have is to run unattended in virtual machine environments from our application. To do so you could proceed like this:

1. open your setup project in Advanced Installer
2. go to "Home" ribbon tab and choose "Run in VM" -> "Edit Virtual Machine profiles"
3. here if you do not have any VM connections just add one; go to "Options" tab and check the "Automate package installation" option
4. click [OK] and then use the [Run in VM] button to start the installation of your setup project (unattended) in the VM environment

Also, an easier way to launch unattended your built setup packages is to launch them with a command line. Also, if you have UI controls like check boxes, edit boxes, radio buttons, etc which you want to set during a silent install, then you can simply set their associated public properties (e.g. MY_CHECKBOX_PROP) from command line too. Here is a command line example:

Code: Select all

msiexec /i setup.msi /qn MY_CHECKBOX_PROP="checked"
Let us know if the unattended command line support would be useful for your request, otherwise please give us more details about what exactly would you like to automate for testing. Maybe we can be able to suggest a workaround or something.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Feature Requests”