ericw

Additional Update Configuration command line option

Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:49 am

I recently setup the auto updater and i have to say it's very slick and easy to setup. In integrating the updates into my build scripts there is just one additional option that I can't seem to set from the command line. That is setting the "Update Replaces" for a new update added on the command line.
Passing in a list of updates to be replaced doesn't seem practical but all that is really needed for normal updates is a way to indicate it replaces all previous updates.

It would be great if you could add -replaces_all as an optional argument to /NewUpdate or /SetInstallerProperties.

My other thought was that the dependencies could be specified by a version range instead of update name. In the same way the current Update Targets are handled.

Thanks,
Eric

Daniel

Re: Additional Update Configuration command line option

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:41 pm

Hello Eric,

Indeed, we don't have a command line switch for this option. I've added your improvement request on our todo list and we will try to add this improvement in a future version of our application. Thank you for your feedback.

We will update this thread as soon as the improvement will be out.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Dan

Re: Additional Update Configuration command line option

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:29 pm

Hello,

New commands that allow you to configure the Update Configuration Project through the CLI are available starting with the version 14.2 of Advanced Installer released on July 26th, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”