FurmigaHumana

Passwordless encryption and false positive

Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:46 am

Hello,

If your project has some .dll files in it (like part of java jre), with lzma compression and exanged user interface the single exe package will be detected as virus by some anti viruses (including kaspersky)

When disabling the exanged user interface is not an option, the solution would be to enable the file encription, which will prompt for a password on setup and solve the false positive, but by doing so it will make distribution a lot more tricky.

My sugestion is to be able to enable encription without password, just as an empty one or random, not intended for security just to avoid false positives. The user will not be prompted for a password but the file will be encrypted so it won't be falsely flagged.

Thanks

Daniel

Re: Passwordless encryption and false positive

Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:17 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Thank you for your suggestion. I forward it to our development team and maybe it will be considered in the future.

Until then, I suggest you to try to report the false positive detection of your setup package to the related AV software vendors.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

FurmigaHumana

Re: Passwordless encryption and false positive

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Daniel wrote: Until then, I suggest you to try to report the false positive detection of your setup package to the related AV software vendors.
It's almost impossible to have it whitelisted, some of them dont even allow sending samples and others only accept small files (mine has 30mb). The setup package is slowly being blocked by every popular anti virus..

Return to “Feature Requests”