R.Depl

File and Folders: Synchronize content (from different source locations)...

I use almost only sync folders (Synchronize content with folder from disk), because our software is quite dynamically/different for each customer.
One has more DLLs the other more applications, the third has special inifiles, ....., but the base infrastructure is always the same.
I prefer to work with one 'Advanced Installer' project, the customer software configuration is created in advance with own software.

1.) With the folder sync functionality I lose the integrated patch possibility. Is there any other way to include/exclude dynamic files and folders?

2.) I would like to sync files from two different source folder locations --> to one target folder (again sync folder property ?). Is this in any way possible?
Eusebiu

Re: File and Folders: Synchronize content (from different source locations)...

Hi,
1.) With the folder sync functionality I lose the integrated patch possibility. Is there any other way to include/exclude dynamic files and folders?
I'm afraid that there is no other way of dynamically including/excluding files and folders to a project.
2.) I would like to sync files from two different source folder locations --> to one target folder (again sync folder property ?). Is this in any way possible?
In order to achieve this, you can synchronize a folder with another folder from disk, then create subfolders for it that will have the "Install folder content into the parent folder" option checked and will be synchronized with other folders from disk.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
R.Depl

1) Can live with it. I'm forcing my customers to uninstall it first.

2) Works perfect.
--> Create (main)folder on target machine.
--> Inside this folder -> Two (ore more ......) sync folders with the option "Install folder content into the parent folder"

Thank you very much...
Eusebiu

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Just let us know anytime you need assistance.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”