srrdev

Java 9 support

Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:11 pm

I'm testing an install with the latest Java 9 early access builds ( jdk-9+175 as of this post ). The install is failing to detect the presence of the Java 9 JRE and is showing the Prerequisites screen where I've specified a JRE of 1.6 or later.

Can anyone give me an idea when Java 9 support will be added? I realize that these are early access builds... I'm just trying to get a head start on updating around 15 installs before the upcoming Java 9 release.

Daniel

Re: Java 9 support

Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:41 am

Hello,

This support is included in our future plans and as soon as it will be officially available we will notify you on this thread. Thank you for your suggestion.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Syusaku Takara

Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:54 am

Hi Daniel
you are writing "officially available".
What is it meaning? JAVA9 RC? GA? Advanced installer which is supporting java9?
Can I try beta testing of advanced installer for java 9 before java 9 GA as earlier as possible?
My product is using a java service wrapper of AI. But it is not working on JAVA 9.
I need to confirm a functions of java9 of the AI service wrapper as soon as possible.
When or how can I contact AI team to solve this concern?
Thanks in advance
Regards,

Daniel

Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:49 am

Hello,

Please send us an email to support at advancedinstaller dot com with a detailed description of the issue you are facing with and what functionality you will need implemented in our Java Products feature and I'll forward it to our development team and get back to you as soon we have an answer.

All the best,
Daniel

Dan

Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Hello,

The predefined launch conditions for "Java 9" has been added in version 14.3 of Advanced Installer released on September 18th, 2017.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

skarpushin

Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:32 pm

It didn't work for me today.
How do I make Advanced Installer to detect JRE versions 9+ ?
I have JRE 10 installed, but installer complains that JRE 8+ not found.
Please find screenshot attached.
Attachments
advinst_java9 issue.png
advinst_java9 issue.png (217.63KiB)Viewed 12672 times

Daniel

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Please note that the above error message is not thrown by the settings from "Java Products" page, but by the Java predefined launch condition you configured from "Launch Conditions" page -> "Software" tab. Here when you configure the JRE 8 launch condition, this launch condition will search for the 32-bit or for the 64-bit version of the JRE on target machine depending on the package type (32 or 64-bit, check this from "Install Parameters" page) of your setup.

Thus if your setup project is of 32-bit package type, then the Java launch condition will search for a 32-bit version of Java and if not found it will thrown the error message blocking the installation. This is our current implementation.

If your setup package is of 32-bit type but your deployed java app can run with 64-bit versions of JRE, then I suggest you to remove from your project the predefined JRE launch condition from "Launch Conditions" page.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Feature Requests”