SHUGHES-QLDHEALTH

Suggestion - Server components reorganise

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:25 am

Hi,

It would be good if the Server components could be rearranged in order of installation via the interface. Currently I need to install SQL Serve components prior to IIS as need to create the Usernames in the SQL DB. I have to forego using the Server component currently and use a cmd command to build the servers independently.

I believe there is a way on Table Editor to rearrange but I am not really sure this is the best option when it would be good if we could indicate the order of the build from the components.

Side point: Is there any chance of getting some more detailed configuration guide or YouTube videos created to assist with learning the product. I find the inbuilt help very limiting and doesn't quite give meaningful guides to configuration. Keen to get more understanding of Upgrades, patching v major. I have posted perviously on upgrading as I was creating new Control Panel Program and Feature entries. Using the upgrade code may assist but it would be good for some detailed help guides then the hort on stuff we have inbuilt. Only real issue I have as sometimes having to wait up to 24 hours to get a response in this forum delays my development timelines.
Stephen Hughes
Principal Analyst
Gold Coast Integrated Care - Gold Coast Health
Australia

Daniel

Re: Suggestion - Server components reorganise

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:37 am

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your feedback.

To run SQL scripts before a certain stage of the installation execution you can try to make use of our "SQL Query" support.

Beside of browsing our user guide and forum threads you can also try to watch our video tutorials.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”