FGump

Adding Files

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:25 am

AI Development team,

I'd like to please request a few minor improvements to AI which I believe would make it more friendly to use. When in the Resources -> "Files and Folder" section and I am adding files via "Add Files":

1). When adding existing files, we are prompted with a "File already exists. Replace?" dialog. It would be great if this dialog showed the file version, date, etc. to make a correct choice if we want to replace the existing file or not. Likewise, the "Yes to All" should have an option "Replace ALL if newer" or something like that. I believe this functionality here can be much improved.

2). When I select a file, only the name is highlighted. It would be a nice option to allow to highlight the entire row - as I've had be compare file version, etc. and not having the highlight all the way across made it a bit more difficult.

3). When I added new files, they got added to the bottom of the list - which is great as they are kept separate so i could go through the newly added files to set their properties (i.e. self registration), however after modifying the very first one, the file list re-sorted automatically and now I didn't know which new files I added without searching through the list. It would be great to retain the highlighted files or keep them at the bottom until I manually refreshed the list.

4). When adding files, allow to choose the "feature" the new files should be added to during that time. This way I don't have to go through to each file and change it afterwards.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration on these possible enhancements to Advanced Installer.

Kind Regards,
Nelson

Daniel

Re: Adding Files

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:53 pm

Hello Nelson,

Thank you for your suggestions and for the detailed and well founded arguments you listed on. I've created a task to our development team to analyze your requests and hopefully, if not all, many of them will be implemented in our "Files and Folders" view.

Thank you once again for your feedback and for the time you allocated to write us.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”