JeremyTowns

Advertised shortcuts have no icon by default.

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:25 am

Hi,

I'm seeing the same problem mentioned in this article which I think should be handled as a feature request for the next update. This is for 2 reasons. The first is we (and probably other companies) are migrating from Wise Package Studio where the Installer Editor will automatically create the shortcut icon for you without the need to complete the step manually. Secondly, if the shortcut is to something other than an executable (for example an excel file) then there will be no icon to choose. So instead an custom icon is needed which then can be added to the shortcut. Can you revisit the topic please?

http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... hp?t=21252

Kind regards,

Daniel

Re: Advertised shortcuts have no icon by default.

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:07 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion. I forwarded your thoughts to our development team and maybe we will consider such an improvement in the future. We will update this thread when this enhancement will be available. However, since yours is the only request this improvement will be on a pending list. So, we cannot make you any promise for now nor give you any ETA.

For the moment you will still have to manually set the shortcut icon.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Re: Advertised shortcuts have no icon by default.

Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:17 pm

Hello,

This improvement has been added in version 18.6 of Advanced Installer, released on August 25th, 2021.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”