hhelbig

Multi line input fields

Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:46 am

Until now it is a true challenge to edit a bigger amount of text an input field.

It would be fine to have a possibility to change its size or to edit and check content in a separate editor.

One example (a special Build Event to create an ISO image):
Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe"
Arguments: "/MODE BUILD /BUILDOUTPUTMODE IMAGEFILE /SRC "[|AI_BUILD_OUTPUT_FILE]|\\DC\Public\MyDir\_CC_CD\autorun.inf|\\DC\Public\MyDir\_CC_CD\autorun\|\\DC\Public\MyDir\_CC_CD\other\|\\DC\Public\MyDir\_CC_CD\drivers\" /DEST "\\dc\Public\MyDir\[|ProductName]_[|ProductVersion].iso" /VOLUMELABEL "[|ProductName] (v[|ProductVersion])" /OVERWRITE YES /START /CLOSESUCCESS /NOIMAGEDETAILS /ROOTFOLDER NO"

In This case the input field "Arguments" is not really good to work with ;-)
Last edited by hhelbig on Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eusebiu

Re: Multi line input fields

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Hi,

As far as I know, the size of most of the fields in Advanced Installer can be increased or they can be edited in a separate editor. For example, when you add a new build event, you can drag its bottom-right corner to resize it. Isn't this available for you?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

hhelbig

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Eusebiu wrote:As far as I know, the size of most of the fields in Advanced Installer can be increased or they can be edited in a separate editor. For example, when you add a new build event, you can drag its bottom-right corner to resize it. Isn't this available for you?
It is possible to size the height of the window, but not of the input box (as I know). If I resize the window only the width of the input box changes.

That's fine if size of monitor is big enough to display whole content of an input box ;-)

Eusebiu

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Hi,

Indeed, only the size of the window can be modified, not the input field itself. We'll consider your suggestion for improving this in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you!

Best regards,
Eusebiu

hhelbig

Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:52 pm

That would be helpful!

I think the easiest way would be to implement a button like at directory input boxes to open a small editor.

Eusebiu

Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:06 pm

Yes, this might be the best option. Thank you for the feedback.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Dan

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:07 pm

Hello,

This improvement has been added in version 15.5 of Advanced Installer released on November 21st, 2018.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Feature Requests”