fdmt6

Sample .aip project that uses all the available dialog files ?

Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi,

I just registered here because I wanted to ask if it's possible to have a sample project that uses all the available dialogs:

I want to make a theme but I need to know what the dialog looks like in realtime, however I cannot edit dialog files directly within AI (it says it's an internal file and cannot be opened in AI):

The sample project I need should be using the classic theme, with all the possible dialogs in it (all the .aip dialog files)

from there I'll be able to make themes related to the app's purpose (e.g. simple theme for simple apps, themes with predefined billboards for installs that take time, etc)

Thanks

Catalin

Re: Sample .aip project that uses all the available dialog files ?

Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:48 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

First of all, I am sorry for such a delayed reply, but we were really busy at the office in the last few weeks.

Attached you have the .aip project you have requested, containing as many dialogs as possible.
all dialogs project.aip
(42.62KiB)Downloaded 502 times
Unfortunately, I could not all the dialogs to the project, because some of the dialogs can not be added together, due to the fact that they exclude each other. For example, upon trying to add "FolderDlg" to the project, it will automatically exclude the "SetupTypeDlg". Also, the "SetupTypeDlg" excludes the "ClientServerDlg".

In order to add new dialogs to your project, you can go to "Dialogs" page from the "User Interface" group and then press on the "Add Dialog" button from the toolbar. Also, in order to change a theme for your project, you can go to "Themes" page from the "User Interface" group, where you can see a list with our predefined themes.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”