ClaesG

Reports

Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 am

I should like to have the Advanced installer version presented in the report to have possible to see whish version it was created from.

example: Product Details. " AI Version" = 15.1

Best Regards
Claes

Daniel

Re: Reports

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:02 pm

Hello Claes and welcome to out forums,

This property is available for the MSI packages. Just right click on an MSI package, choose "Properties" context menu option, go to "Details" tab and check the "Program Name" property.

When it comes to EXE built package types (with the MSI installation database embedded) you can extract the MSI from the EXE bootstrapper by using the /extract exe command.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

ClaesG

Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:26 am

Hello!
I think you missunderstand me,

What I meant was that in the generated report that can be made from the project, it would be good to have AI version included,
Because in my case I have to document all my projects, with which tools I use to create an MSI or similar otherwise i need to create a document with only Advanced Installer version.

You have the Advanced Installer version in the snapshot report but not in the msi generated report
Hope this explains better what I meant.
Keep up the good work.

/Claes G

Daniel

Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Hello Claes,

Thank you for your follow up on this. Indeed currently our "Project Reports" feature does not include the Advanced Installer version number in the generated report.

I have added this improvement on our list and hopefully it will be available in the future. When available we will update this forum thread.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Dan

Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:02 pm

Hello,

This improvement has been added in version 15.5 of Advanced Installer released on November 21st, 2018.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Feature Requests”