Collins

Create Only One .AIP Backup

Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:29 pm

When AI is updated to a new version and you manually open an AIP after the upgrade it creates a backup, which is great. You can then save the project and you don't get the message again. The problem is if you upgrade AI and you don't manually open and save each project and check it into your repo, it will keep creating backups with every build; see attached image.

It would be nice if it only created one backup. We currently build the project using the solution.
Attachments
AIBackups.png
AIBackups.png (4.42KiB)Viewed 4028 times

Daniel

Re: Create Only One .AIP Backup

Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:58 pm

Hello,

I am not so sure I fully understand the scenario you are facing with. Could you iterate a detailed step by step test case we can use to replicate the behavior? Just to make sure I fully understood your request.

I can confirm you that a backup copy of the setup project will be created each time the setup project is built with a newer version of Advanced Installer. This is our current implementation. However on a subsequent run no additional backup copy should be created.

Also, you can disable the automatic backup copy option by opening your setup project in Advanced Installer and then go to "Home" toolbar tab -> [Options] -> "Project Paths" tab -> "Backup" section.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”