alejandro2992

that enable the installation parameters in the Appx

Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:32 am

I would like to install a Windows 10 program and whenever it is installed, it asks the user to run it as administrator.

Daniel

Re: that enable the installation parameters in the Appx

Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:04 am

Hello and welcome to our forums,

To achieve this you should just enable our "Run as administrator" option from "Install Parameters" page. Please note that this option is available starting with the "Professional" edition of Advanced Installer.

Let us know if this helped, otherwise please give us more details about your specific needs.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

alejandro2992

Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:21 pm

Very good explanation, but this installation parameters are enabled only when we are working in MSI packages.
I have the professional version of advance Installer.

I am working with packages Appx and Msix and in these packages the function of installation parameters is not enabled. That is why my doubt.

Daniel

Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Hello,

I am afraid there is no "Run as administrator" option you can enable and use for an MSIX/APPX package. This is not supported by this package format design.

Instead if the application deployed through your MSIX/APPX package is a desktop bridged one and needs admin rights, then you can just enable the "Full Trust" flag from "Capabilities" page of your setup project.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”