Abdul-Rahman

Reset Button In CustomizeDlg

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:29 am

Hi,
I know that if I put one of the features in a CustomizeDlg to not install and then press reset the features will be reset to what they were set to before the modifications ,but if I press next then go back then press reset they won't go back to what they were before pressing next ,it is as if when you press next the default settings are now what was set exactly before pressing next ,can I undo that where only the default settings of the features tree at the launch of the installer will happen when you press the reset button at anytime ?
Thanks ,
Abdul.

Catalin

Re: Reset Button In CustomizeDlg

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Hello Abdul,

First of all, I apologize for the delayed reply.

In what regards your request, I am afraid that it is not possible. What is happening when you press the "Next" button is the intended behavior (the value for the state of the feature is saved), that being the reason why when you press "Back" and try to reset the value, it does not reset to the state that the feature had before pressing the "Next" button.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Emmanuel

Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:59 pm

Hi Catalin,

I have the same issue (AI v16.5). Is there a workaround to reset the state of the features when I press "Back" to return on CustomizeDlg dialog box?

Thank you for your help,

Emmanuel

Catalin

Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:38 pm

Hello Emmanuel,

If you go to "Dialogs" page --> "CustomizeDlg" --> select the "Reset" button you will notice that it has the "Reset control properties to default values" event attached to it.

After the next button is pressed, the control holding the states of the features will have a different value, e.g.:

FeatureA --> to be installed locally
FeatureB --> to be installed locally

The user changes to:

FeatureA --> to be installed locally
FeatureB --> to NOT be installed locally

If the user pressed "Next", the control will be stored with its' new value. If you then click on "Back", the default value will be the one where FeatureB is not installed.

By default, all the features from your project are to be installed locally (unless you change it). If you want to reset all the features when the "Back" button is pressed, you could reset all the feature's states from the modified state to the default one (to be installed locally).

To do so, you could add, on the "CustomizeDlg", an "Init Event" as it follows:

Event: Install one or more features locally
Argument: ALL
Condition: leave default

This way, when the "Back" button is pressed and the "CustomizeDlg" is initialized, the event will execute.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin

Emmanuel

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:04 pm

Hello Catalin,

Thank you for your answer. I applied your instructions but the result is the same. :(
Do you know another workaround to enforce reset on all the feature states actions?
Last edited by Emmanuel on Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Catalin

Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:44 pm

Hello Emmanuel,

This is really strange, as I have tested this myself and it worked as expected on my end.

You have probably misconfigured something.

Could you please create a sample project that reproduces the issue on your end and forward it to me to further investigate it?

Best regards,
Catalin

Emmanuel

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:30 pm

Hi Catalin,

As requested, here is a sample.aip that reproduce this behaviour.
I probably missed something...

Thank you
Attachments
sample.aip
(28.94KiB)Downloaded 1377 times

Catalin

Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:31 pm

Hello Emmanuel,

Thank you for the provided project.

From what I can see, you did not quite implement the steps I have given above at all.

Below you can find a screenshot of the "Init Event" I have mentioned in my previous mail that did not exist in the sample project (I have added it myself):
InitEvent.png
InitEvent.png (145.07KiB)Viewed 37450 times

Please read my previous thread again and try to implement the steps.

Also, please let me know if anything is not clear enough.

Best regards,
Catalin

Emmanuel

Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:22 pm

Hi Catalin,

Thank you for our answer and sorry for the misunderstanding. Actually, I already applied your instructions on my main aip file. I applied this to the sample.aip (in attachment) but it still don't work...

In the log file I found : ADDLOCAL = Feature1,Microsoft.NET5.0.4,Node.js (Feature2 was unselected)
Expected : ADDLOCAL = Feature1,Microsoft.NET5.0.4

I noticed that when I add "Install one or more features locally" on CustomizeDlg this be applied to all the controls of the dialog box, even the "Next" button. Is that normal?
Attachments
sample.aip
(30.02KiB)Downloaded 1311 times

Catalin

Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:05 pm

Hello Emmanuel,
In the log file I found : ADDLOCAL = Feature1,Microsoft.NET5.0.4,Node.js (Feature2 was unselected)
Expected : ADDLOCAL = Feature1,Microsoft.NET5.0.4
On the "CustomizeDlg" dialog, "Next" button, you do have an "Install one or more features locally" that points to your Node.JS prerequisite, therefore ADDLOCAL containing it is normal here, as per definition of ADDLOCAL:
The value of the ADDLOCAL property is a list of features that are delimited by commas, and are to be installed locally.
Could you please give me some more details (exemplify) about what you are trying to achieve here?
I noticed that when I add "Install one or more features locally" on CustomizeDlg this be applied to all the controls of the dialog box, even the "Next" button. Is that normal?
The event should only be added to the selected button. This is usually the "Next" button or the event is added as an "Init Event" (triggered by the "Next" button of the previous dialog)

Best regards,
Catalin

Emmanuel

Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 pm

Hi Catalin,

It works fine now. I just omitted to apply this to the prerequisites features (uninstalled by default).

Thank you again for your help, next time I'll try to be clearer :D

Emmanuel

Catalin

Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:30 am

You are always welcome, Emmanuel!

I am glad to hear everything works as expected now. :D

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Feature Requests”