sumit1

prerequisite selector

Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:13 am

Hi

We want to show messages on the basis of prerequisite selectors check boxes.Following are the details

1) In prerequisite selector dialog showing all added prerequisite with action Skip or Install.Skip means its already install and Install means needs to be install

2) I want to Show messages on the basis of prerequisite selector checks box
e.g: a) In attachment image SQL server is already installed in that case static text/Text display sql server is already installed.If there is text box present then hide this text box on the installation status
b) ODBC driver needs to be install so static text display/print You need to install ODBC driver etc.

In that project prerequisite selector is visible false i.e not showing to end user
Can you please provides all steps for this.

Thank you
2.png
2.png (19.05KiB)Viewed 32413 times

Catalin

Re: prerequisite selector

Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:42 pm

Hello Sumit,
I want to Show messages on the basis of prerequisite selector checks box
Unfortunately, I am afraid that this is not possible. The "Prerequisite Selector" control is seen as a whole and you can not access its elements (i.e. the checkboxes that are assigned to each prerequisite).

However, you can try to schedule your prerequisites as "Feature-Based" prerequisites instead of "Pre-Install", create your own custom dialog and then you can try to condition the visibility of your static texts based on what the user has chosen. For more information about this, you can have a look on our "How to conditionally install a prerequisite based on the user selection?" article which I think you may find useful as a starting point.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

sumit1

Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:29 am

Thank You Catalin

Catalin

Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:47 pm

You are always welcome, Sumit.

Glad I could help.

Kind regards,
Catalin

aswinsrinivasan02

Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:52 pm

@Catalin So just to understand this better, if I want to display a dialog based on if a particular pre-requisite is selected or not, is not possible in Advanced Installer today?

Catalin

Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:55 am

Hello,

It is possible to achieve that, but only for "Feature-based"/"Post-install" prerequisites.

To do so, you can show your dialog only if a specific feature will be installed. Whether the feature will be installed or not can be decided in the "PrerequisitesDlg" dialog.

Here would be the steps to achieve the above:

- add a feature-based prerequisite to your project

- add the "PrerequisiteDlg" dialog

- right click on your dialog --> "Show only if"

- under "Predefined Conditions", select the desired condition, e.g.: "Feature will be installed locally. The feature is not reinstalled"

- you will then be prompted to select the feature. Here, select the feature that is created automatically for your "feature-based" prerequisite.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin

aswinsrinivasan02

Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:54 pm

Thanks Catalin. Will try this out sometime :)

Catalin

Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:09 pm

You are always welcome! :)

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Feature Requests”