sfaust

Quick Selection List - Alignement

Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:19 pm

I am trying to customize the look of a surface theme and have it mostly the way I want but there are two things I can't figure out (to keep them separate to make finding them easier, the other is posted here). The first one is this. I have a 'Quick Selection List' for features and I have customized the 'checkbox_for_lists_and_trees.png image (attached). However, it looks off centered and small when in the project. As seen in the attached image it is offset above the feature text. As you can see in the checkbox image I even offset the boxes down to try and compensate; it helped some but they are still too high.

The main thing I would like is to get it centered, but if possible I would also like them to be larger, similar to the 'ImageCheckBox' on that page for select all.

Any help?
Attachments
Checkbox Alignment.png
Checkbox Alignment.png (5.73KiB)Viewed 14180 times
checkbox_for_lists_and_trees.png
checkbox_for_lists_and_trees.png (718Bytes)Viewed 14180 times

Catalin

Re: Quick Selection List - Alignement

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:32 am

Hello,

Indeed, the alignment of the check boxes and the static text seems to be a bit off, indeed.

I am afraid that, as for the moment, there is not much you can do about it, since it is not possible to modify the "controls" from within another control (in this case, the check boxes controls from your Quick Selection List control).

After further investigating this, I figured out that the best alignment you can get is by setting the "Icon Size" property to "First Image" value. To do so, please open your project, go to "Dialogs" page --> click on your "OptionalFeatsDlg" --> select your "Quick Selection List" control and, on the right side, under "Properties" --> "Attributes" --> set the "Icon Size" to "First Image".
...but if possible I would also like them to be larger, similar to the 'ImageCheckBox' on that page for select all.
Unfortunately, this has the same answer as in my second paragraph. It is not possible to modify controls from within another control.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”