alejandro2992

MSIX- I have an executable inside its folder, but you use library of another folder, but this in the package msix is not

Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:40 pm

I have an executable inside its folder, but you use library of another folder, but this in the package msix is not able to find it, what would be the solution for this executable to see the library without moving it inside the executable.

Daniel

Re: MSIX- I have an executable inside its folder, but you use library of another folder, but this in the package msix is

Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:37 pm

Hello,

To solve this you can try to make use of our "App Compatibility" support.

Just go to "AppCompat" page of your setup project, use the [New DLL Path] toolbar button to add the folder of your dependency dll under the "DLL Paths" section.

Hope this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

alejandro2992

Re: MSIX- I have an executable inside its folder, but you use library of another folder, but this in the package msix is

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:03 pm

Greetings, Daniel

The problem is that even with the PSF many executables are still lost.

Daniel

Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:24 pm

Hello,

I am afraid I do not fully understand what you mean. Can you please give us more details on this, maybe give us a short example?

Or if you could send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com a small sample which replicates the behavior, this will be even great.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”