jsavona03

UPDATER.exe needs to read from HKLM for loglevel value for increased usability

Most Windows software that stores settings in registry reads from HKLM first (per machine) to retrieve values then overrides with identical values stored in HKCU (per user if present)

This allows the setting of defaults per machine (which is what I am requesting), and still allows users to set their own defaults.

Currently (version 15.7) Updater.exe only reads from

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Caphyon\Advanced
Updater\{E8E94881-A413-4556-AE80-E93DF7FEAECE}\Settings]
"LogLevel"=dword:00000004

which is problematic if I have to keep setting this value for every user of the system (including SYSTEM account).

If you can add this feature, I can add a simple registry key to my installer package that defines a default loglevel for Updater.exe
Catalin

Re: UPDATER.exe needs to read from HKLM for loglevel value for increased usability

Hello,

Indeed, you are right. This is how our Updater tool saves its configuration files. We have added this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully this will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Unfortunately, as for this moment, I can not give you an estimation on when this will be added, but I will update this thread as soon as it will.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”