markus.johansson

Relative paths to SQL scripts

I would like to be able to set a relative path the SQL scripts. This is possible for all of the other files that we include in our project. They are all relative to Path variables which makes it easy to set the paths (using the command line to edit the path variables) for all files before building. It would be great i we could do the same for our SQL scripts.
Daniel

Re: Relative paths to SQL scripts

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Please keep in mind that our SQL Scripts feature does have support for paths variable so you should be able to use a path relative to a path variable for them.

All you should do is like that:

1. add your SQL Script in our "SQL Databases" page
2. go to "Wizards" ribbon tab and run the [Convert Paths] wizard to select your added sql script path be converted to a path variable converted path

Let us know more details about your scenario if this doesn't work for you. Maybe iterate a short test case for us.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
markus.johansson

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you suggested and building the project works fine. The thing that got me confused was that every time I go to the SQL Databases tab, I get an error message saying "File not found". But as I said, buildning the project and changing the path variable using command line works great, so I'm happy.

Best regards,
Markus
Daniel

You are always welcome Markus.

I am glad everything works now.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”