iske

Add Java JSE 11.0 Support

Hey AdvancedInstaller Team,

I've just updated to the lastest AdvancedInstaller version 15.9. Unfortunately I had to realize that the newest Java version (JSE 11.0) is not supported yet.

Our newest application will run exclusively with Java 11. In order to continue using AdvancedInstaller as an installation routine, Java 11 support is mandatory for us.

Furthermore the support of older Java versions will end shortly. The support for Java 8 has already been discontinued for commercial use. Therefore many of your customers will probably have to switch to Java 11 soon.

Friendly greetings,
André Iske (B. Braun Melsungen AG)
Catalin

Re: Add Java JSE 11.0 Support

Hello André,

We have predefined support for Java 11 in what regards our predefined prerequisites and launch conditions. However, we indeed do not have support for Java 11 in what regards our "Java Products" support. If this is what you were referring to, we already have this improvement on our TODO list and hopefully it will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

If this was not what you were referring to, please give me some more details about your scenario.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Catalin

Re: Add Java JSE 11.0 Support

Hello André,

Starting with Advanced Installer 16.1, we have added support for Java 11. With that being said, could you please rebuild your project with a newer version of Advanced Installer and let me know if that helps?

If not, please forward me, by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com, the following:

- more details about the encountered behavior (screenshots)

- the .AIP file used to build your setup

- a download link for your setup

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”