mgorga

Update Windows Feature on Prerequisites

Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:34 am

Dears,
I am using the feature Prerequisites->Windows Feature to install IIS. It works nice if the IIS is not installed on target machine. However if it is already installed with different options, no changes are made. For example, IIS is installed without the option "Web sockets" on target machine. My installer it is configured to install IIS with Web Sockets. After the installation, the option Web Sockets it is not added to IIS.

Is it possible to "update" the Windows Feature, not only add them if it has no previous installation? At least it will be nice to be able to "add" options, I don't really need to "remove" options from previously installed IIS.

Best regards,
Mario

Catalin

Re: Update Windows Feature on Prerequisites

Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:27 pm

Hello Mario,

Thank you for the explanation.

I have tested this and everything worked as expected on my end. If a future is enabled and you add another option through the setup generated by Advanced Installer, that option is simply added. Here is how I proceeded:

- go to "Windows Features"

- enable "Internet Information Services" feature. Precisely, I have enabled the following:

Internet Information Services --> World Wide Web Services --> Application Development Features --> CGI

- in Advanced Installer, I have enabled the following option:

Internet Information Services --> World Wide Web Services --> Application Development Features --> WebSocket Protocol

- built & installed the setup.

After checking the Windows Features list, I could see that "WebSocket Protocol" was added.

Version of Advanced Installer used is 16.5.

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please forward me a copy of your .AIP file and a download link of your setup by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

mgorga

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Sorry,
I made a mistake. I had a condition that was avoiding the installation and update of IIS. I realized making the sample.

Best regards,
Mario

Catalin

Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:51 pm

Hello Mario,

Thank you for your followup on this.

I am glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube