burnersk

Make the "Limit to basic user interface" option also available with build options

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:18 pm

I am creating a setup project with a single MSI installer, web installer, and Active Directory installer. The latter requires the option "Limit to basic user interface" to be set.
However, the option "Limit to basic user interface" is only available in the (global) "Install Parameters" section and would also affect single MSI and web installer, in which I do not want set the option.

Please move the option or add an additional checkbox for the option to the individual build sections.

Catalin

Re: Make the "Limit to basic user interface" option also available with build options

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:39 pm

Hello,

Fortunately, it is already possible to do that.

In the "Install Parameters" page, you can set the options per-build. Let's consider you have the following two builds:
Builds.png
Builds.png (4.57KiB)Viewed 4875 times
In "Install Parameters" page, you can set the "Limit to basic user interface (simple progress and error handling)" option for 1 build only, if needed. To do so, you should select the build for which you want the option to be applied from the "Build" section in the ribbon.
IP.png
IP.png (89.18KiB)Viewed 4875 times
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

burnersk

Re: Make the "Limit to basic user interface" option also available with build options

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:42 pm

Thank you very much, Catalin. Somehow, I have overseen it completely. It works great.

Catalin

Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:47 pm

You are always welcome!

I am glad I was able to help.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”