jes

Disable the scaling factor

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:53 pm

Hi,

In my installer, I have an aa.exe file which is the application that we are installing through setup.exe.
Now, in Windows 10 machines, I need to disable Windows scaling settings whenever our aa.exe is open or in running state.

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\EnablePerProcessSystemDPI"- This is the key in which value should make it to 0.
The thing is that the value of the key should change only at the running time.

Can we do anything in the aa.exe in the install kit?
is there is any property we can set to aa.exe in the install kit itself, so that whenever aa.exe in running state, that scaling factor get enabled?

Thanks,
jes.

Catalin

Re: Disable the scaling factor

Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:12 pm

Hello Jes,
is there is any property we can set to aa.exe in the install kit itself, so that whenever aa.exe in running state, that scaling factor get enabled?
Unfortunately, this is not achievable as easy as through an installer property.

However, this should still be possible, although this is heavily dependant on your scenario.

For instance, if your executable ("aa.exe") logs something in the Windows Event Viewer ("eventvwr.msc"), then I am thinking about your setup creating a Scheduled Task, more specifically, an event-based trigger Scheduled Task.

This Scheduled Task would simply run a .BAT file that will do the desired modifications in the registry.

The scenario would be as it follows:
  • the user runs aa.exe
  • the scheduled task will see that an event was created for the executable
  • it will run the .BAT file
  • the .BAT file will modify the registry
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”