PhilippeG

Custom licence Expiration Date infinite

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:53 pm

Hi,

Is it possible to set Expiration Date (EXP) to infinite value?.
What is the max size for each value for a custom licence template?
What are the limits of custom licence template?.

Regards

Catalin

Re: Custom licence Expiration Date infinite

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:47 pm

Hello Philippe,

I'm afraid you can not set the expiration date to "infinite", because that would defeat its' main purpose.

Setting an expiration date means that the license will no longer be available after that date. Setting it to "infinite" would mean it has no expiration date basically.

You can, however, design it so it expires, for instance, in 10 years, or a bigger period of time.
What is the max size for each value for a custom licence template?
What are the limits of custom licence template?.
I am not quite sure I fully understand this. Could you please elaborate a little bit more so I can better understand (maybe exemplify)?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

PhilippeG

Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:42 am

Hi,

in a custom licence template
- how many elements can we create
- what is the max number of characters for a value
- when generate is possible to save the licence to a file instead of copy to clipboard

Best Regards

Catalin

Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Hello Philippe,
- when generate is possible to save the licence to a file instead of copy to clipboard
When the "License format" is set to "User specific customized license", it is not possible to save the license file directly to a file. You can, however, copy it from the clipboard into a file.

The "Save" option is only available for the "Serial number" license format because there you can generate multiple licenses at a time.
- how many elements can we create
Not quite sure what you mean by this. If you mean the predefined templates (such as "License ID", "Expiration Date", etc. then all of them can be used)
- what is the max number of characters for a value
Here, I am assuming you are refering to the "License ID", as the rest are dates that have predefined lengths. Regarding the license ID, I have created a license with a license ID having 40+ characters, which most likely is more than enough.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”