tiffanym

User Profile - Powershell

Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:19 pm

I brought this up in a private email conversation, but thought I would list it here as well.

Is it possible to add an option for a pre-defined folder to a user's home directory when using powershell? In the GUI the "User Profile" is part of the pre-defined folder paths (https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... paths.html) but in the API it is not listed as an option (https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... lders.html)

Thanks!

Catalin

Re: User Profile - Powershell

Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:09 pm

Hello Tiffany,

I have tested this and it indeed does look like this is not currently supported.

Most likely, this is due to the fact that we recently have added the "User Profile" folder and we did not update our PowerShell Automation support accordingly.

I have now added this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully this will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

tiffanym

Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:58 pm

Great, thanks!

Catalin

Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:20 pm

Hello Tiffany,

You are welcome!

As a followup to my last thread, this will most likely be available in the next release of Advanced Installer.

From what I could see, we already had it on our TODO list of improvements and it is under testing right now.

Best regards,
Catalin

Catalin

Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:45 am

Hello Tiffany,

This improvement has been added to Advanced Installer 18.7, released on September 21st, 2021.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Feature Requests”