mbevan

Features and volunteering...

Howdy!

I truly enjoy working with Advanced Installer, and consider the UI to be much more usable than comparable software. However, to make a truly usable installer creator, my client has pointed out several needed features: (Currently I've been adding these features to the installers post-Advanced Installer using Orca.)
  • Multiple "features". Also, the ability to define which components are installed by default, etc.
  • Licence and generic text display.
  • Artwork customization. (Replacing the built-in bitmaps.)
  • Optional branding. Most people would leave it, but for some solutions branding can be a problem.
  • Other shortcut destinations. For example, my latest project requires an icon on the Desktop.
  • Shortcut working directories.
On a side note, I would like to volunteer my time to help develop this excellent product. Working with the MSI system for awhile now, I am fairly comfortable with all of the features I am requesting above.

Thank you for all your work!
Cata

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your kind words, if makes us feel awesome when people tell us that they enjoy our work!

The features are all on our todo list. Some sooner than others, they will all get into Advanced Installer eventually.

And thanks so much for volunteering! Always work to do, you know. Please send me an email at support@advancedinstaller.com and I'll reply with some of the things you can help us with.

Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”