Nick Smith

</scaling fonts>

Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:44 pm

A feature I would like is some way of turning off the scalable font feature of the installation dialogs.

Of course there will always be people who have changed their font size, and to them, a fixed-sized install screen will look a little large or small.

I think this is preferable to having the very first glimpse of a piece of software we distribute being a wierdly-scaled image with cut-off text

Or maybe we could just be allowed to edit the installation text so it fits?

best regards
Nick Smith

Mike

Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:12 pm

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your suggestions. We are currently working on customizing the UI dialogs. This feature will be available in a future Advanced Installer release.

Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Bobaru
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com

ChristianLA

Re:

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Mike wrote:Hi Nick,

Thank you for your suggestions. We are currently working on customizing the UI dialogs. This feature will be available in a future Advanced Installer release.

Regards,
Mihai

We are using AI 13.4 has this issue been solved?, we are currently investigating the support for Hi resolution systems (UHD-4K screens) and the windows font scaling

Currently we have:
  • Our dialog bitmap image is 500X316 and the banner bitmap image is 500x59
  • Adaptive stretching is active
Issues ans concerns:
  • Font scaling in windows is an issue that we are facing and there is no option to address the issue (no other than have big controls)
  • Using adaptive stretching or "Stretch images to fit their controls" creates alias on the images, what will be the recommended pixel size and DPI?
  • Is there actual support for Hi Resolution (UHD-4K)?
Last edited by ChristianLA on Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Daniel

Re: </scaling fonts>

Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:33 pm

Hello,
We are using AI 13.4 has this issue been solved?
Yes, we added the "Adaptive stretching, based on detected system DPI" option.

In order to have a better view about your testing scenarios, can you please send us a few screenshots with your installer dialogs and pinpoint the issues you are encountering? Also, let us know what resolution and DPI settings you have set for your test machines.

It will be very useful if you could isolate the behavior in a small buildable sample (AIP + referenced files) and send it us so we can fully test and investigate this on our side.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

ChristianLA

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:29 pm

I've tried this under the 3 most common windows scaling options
  • Smaller - 100% = 96 DPI (Pixels/Dots Per Inch)
  • Medium - 125% = 120 DPI (Pixels/Dots Per Inch)
  • Larger - 150% = 144 DPI (Pixels/Dots Per Inch)
Under AI 13.4 the project theme configuration uses Adaptive Stretching to overcome the dialog and banner alias issue, and I´m getting the following results:

Browse dialog icons are been resized to fill the component entirely (either on 125% or 150%)
browseDlg120DPI.png
browseDlg120DPI.png (2.15KiB)Viewed 9239 times
Maintenance option icons are also resized for same configurations:
maintenanceDlg120DPI.png
maintenanceDlg120DPI.png (17.44KiB)Viewed 9239 times
This happens with 2 of 3 products and it seems to depend on the system they were built because one of the products displays icons correctly in either 125% or 150% using same AI version to compile.

I reproduced the issue with an empty project using AI resources with same results.

Daniel

Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:45 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your follow up. Indeed, you are right. It seems on resolutions higher than Full HD the icons are stretched more than its control boundaries. I've created a bug ticket in our task management system and hopefully a fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. We will update this thread as soon as a fix will be out.

Until then, I'm afraid I'm not aware of any workaround.

All the best,
Daniel

ChristianLA

Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi, is there any update on this matter for AI 14.4?

Daniel

Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:59 am

Hello,

Unfortunately this is still on our TODO list. We will update this thread as soon as a resolution is available.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Feature Requests”