Mike B

When is the next version planned?

I downloaded ver 1.0. I liked what I see but would like to know when the following would be available:
- set desktop shortcuts
- change the default install path (or be able to set my own.)
- turn on/off browse capability from msi user interface at run-time. I do not want to give the user the option to pick their install path.
- set shortcuts to the system tray

It looks like you are on to something with this product. All other MSI packagers I have researched are pretty kludgie(sp?). I am looking for something versatile yet flexible for my needs.

Keep up the great work and let me know when your next version is available!
-Mike
Cata

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your nice words. I can't give you an estimate on when the features you request will be implemented, but they are on our todo list.

Regards,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Mike B

Follow up

How often do you post updates to your software? (monthy, quarterly, etc.?) Can I be notified when there is a new update?
Cata

Monthly mostly, sometimes slower. We don't have a notification mechanism in place yet, sorry.
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
George

Just had a play with the unattended install and this disables the ability to select a different install location. I would like to have the ability to specify an installation drive when building the install package though.

Return to “Feature Requests”