mrichter

Why bother with maintenance?

Hi,

I am very annoyed to see that in the latest release of AI 6.7 all of the major new features are for the enterprise edition only. This is true of last couple of releases. When are the rest of us going see some value for our maintenance plans. I will be very reluctant to renew mine.

:x -Mark
Cosmin

Re: Why bother with maintenance?

Hi Mark,
I am very annoyed to see that in the latest release of AI 6.7 all of the major new features are for the enterprise edition only.
I'm not sure if this is true. The 6.7 release contained the following Professional features:
- predefined custom action for playing an audio file
- predefined launch condition for an active internet connection
- ability to move standard actions
- predefined launch condition for Office 2007 applications
- multiple predefined prerequisites
- custom action for uninstalling previous versions regardless of their installation type

Can you please give me more details about what features you would need? We are trying to improve Advanced Installer all the time, so we would appreciate your suggestions.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mrichter

Thanks cosmin,

I am more referring to major new features suchs as
  • List Websites and Virtual Directories
  • Prerequisites Repository
  • Advanced Licensing
  • ICE Validation
The minor enhancements you refer to are nice but do not add a lot of value. I have been a AI user now for nearly 2 years and I feel that the gap between the Java version and the Enterprise version is growing with each release and as a result I am beginning to question my investment.

-Mark
Cosmin

Hi Mark,

Please note that the Professional version offers basic features for creating a complete installation package for small applications. If you need more advanced features designed for large or complex applications you can upgrade your license to Java or Enterprise.

Each Advanced Installer license type is designed for specific use and targets a specific type of customers. So the features are distributed based on this design.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Cata

Of course, we will also carefully consider your request and try to upgrade additional suitable Advanced Installer features from the Enterprise version to Professional.

Best regards,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Feature Requests”