thlucas

A few more Suggestions

Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:23 am

Hi Cata,

Just a few more suggestions for you that I found while continuing to work with the product. Again, I stress that I love the functionality and the suggestions I make are not intended to offend or put down the product, but to make it stronger. Keep up the great work!

Suggestions

- Allow renaming of Sub-Directories after defining. I created a sub-directory under the "Application Folder", and could not rename it once files were added. Note - I CAN rename it if the folder is empty!

- Ability to copy a Project (.AIP) file, rename it, change the product name, and have it install. As it is now, when I run the install it thinks it's already been installed due to the "UpgradeCode={xxxx-xx-xx-xx-xxxx}" and/or "ProductCode={xxxx-xx-xx-xx-xxxx}" settings. Maybe have it automatically generate these at build create time, instead of Project create time?

- Ability to retain (not delete at uninstall) individual registry values. Currently, you just have the ability to retain a key (or subkeys) and not the value(s) within a key.

- Ability to display a License Agreement prior to install, and force the user to click on the "I Agree" button ("I DisAgree" default button) in order to continue with the install.

- Ability to display a "readme.txt" file after the install to view the latest release notes, etc.

Thanks - Todd

Return to “Feature Requests”