Thal

Shortcut Target Editing

The Advanced Installer product is really useful and intuitive and based on my first half-hour using it I like it alot.

I am attempting to create a package for my office that contains, among other things, a shortcut to an existing Access database that is located on a server and has an associated Workgroup Information file. The problem is that this file must have a target similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSACCESS.EXE" "[db loacation]" /WRKGRP "[workgroup location]"

Is this possible? If not, will this be possible in the future?
Cata

Sorry, that is not possible yet. It requires another feature (search for another product) which needs to be implemented first.

Will defefinitely be possible in the future, but I cannot give you a time frame.

Regards,
Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Matt

Shortcut target editing

Firstly I would like to thank Caphyon for creating a free, easy to use, and very professional product. 8)

The only thing missing for my requirements is the ability to edit the target when creating shortcuts. I would like to create a link that executes an existing script installed and to pass this script a few file names located in the "Application Folder". I have managed to get things working by presumming that the user will install the application to the default dir. But if it changes then the shortcut will fail.

I look forward to the update, thanks for the good work :D
Cata

Thanks Matt,
We'll try to implement this feature as soon as possible.

Just to be sure, you need the shortcut to point to a file that is already installed and not included in the install, right? Because otherwise you could pass paths to other files being installed as a shortcut Argument.

Cata
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Feature Requests”