rsapkota

License Type

Hi Team,

I need to achieve below license solution for my client. Please help me achieve it.

1) The User needs to be asked Product Key on the start of Installation of Desktop application.
2) The user information and Product key needs to be checked in server for validation.
3) Provision to set Trial or any specific time period for a Application in client computer.

Literally to speak i need to implement the licensing management system where user need to provide product key, provide user information, validate from server and set some specific time period like trial aur lifetime aur 1 year and so.

Thanks
Regards :?:
Catalin

Re: License Type

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

1. This can be achieved by going to "Licensing" page and checking the "Use Serial Validation Option" from under the "Package Serial Validation" section.

2. By doing the above, a dialog will be added in the "Dialogs" page --> "UserRegistrationDlg". This will allow the user to input the licensing information. In what regards the validation, you will need to use the "Server-side validation" option from "Licensing" page. For more information about this, please have a look on the following article:

=https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user ... alidation?

3. In what regards the trial, please have a look on the following article:

Trial and Registration Page

However, I am not quite sure the scenario you are trying to achieve (check the license information then enter trial) will work. The trial is specially designed so your users can first test the application and then proceed in buying a license, not the other way around (buy a license then enter trial).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
rsapkota

Are the above feature available in Professional License Edition?
Catalin

Hello,

The above features are available starting with the Enterprise license:

Advanced Installer - Top Enterprise features

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”