GSchaller

Adding a Registry Key

Hi Folks.

I am trying to add a new registry key but this little wait box simply spins on forever. Never completes:

Attachments
AI_RegKeyAdd.png
AI_RegKeyAdd.png (19.28 KiB) Viewed 10903 times
Liviu

Re: Adding a Registry Key

Hi,

I've tested your scenario and indeed, it takes a while to load all the keys and values because the specified registry key has many sub-keys.

Can you tell me how many minutes did you wait for the import operation to finish?

Also could you please export the specified registry key "v2.0.50727" and send us a download link for the exported .reg file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can fully test and investigate this on our side either?

Best regards,
Liviu

I waited 10 minutes and gave up :)
I will send you the reg key but it is unremarkable.
Liviu

Hi,

I've tested your .reg file on a clean machine and I reproduced the behavior, the file doesn't load.

I'm not sure but your reg key could have corrupt entries. I say this because I ran "sfc /scannow" operation and it found some corrupted registries and repaired them. After that I tried the import again and it worked fine.

However, since you need to import only 2 reg values from the related reg key location, definitely the fastest and easiest way to do it is to simply create them manually in the "Registry" page.

Here are the steps you can proceed with:

1. Go to the "Registry" page, from the registry tree, select "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", then select "SOFTWARE", now right click on "SOFTWARE" and select "New key", name it "Microsoft".
  2. Now in the "Microsoft" folder, add a new key with the name ".NETFramework" and under this key add a new key "v2.0.50727".
  3. Now you need to add your key values, right click on "v2.0.50727" key and press "New value", name it "SchUseStrongCrypto", select "Integer (32-bit decimal number) - REG_DWORD" option and on data add "1".
  4. Repeat the above step for the second key value "SystemDefaultTlsVersions".
AddRegValues.jpg
AddRegValues.jpg (79.26 KiB) Viewed 10807 times

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Liviu

Ok, thankyou, I can do that. But it is easy enough to do as you say. At least I know the behaviour is related to a corrupted registry key.
Liviu

You are always welcome!

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”