David_M

Requires an active internet connection

Fri May 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Hi,
I have try install program on client machine with restricted access to internet (used Salfeld parent control program) and I get the error while install - "requires an active internet connection for installation. please check your network configuration and proxy settings".
I have no proxy set, and have not set "Launch Conditions page -> System tab -> System Requirements section -> Run only if an active Internet connection is found".
So I cant understand why this message show and install falls?

Thanks in advance!

Irina

Re: Requires an active internet connection

Mon May 25, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately there are too few details so that we can try to replicate the behavior.

In order to have a better view about this, can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation process to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? If it contains confidential information you can send us a small test project which reproduce this behavior.

Kind regards,
Irina
Ecaterina Irina Grosu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

HoM

Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:45 am

It is 2021 and there is the same issue: ANY project gives this error. A normal installation should not "call home" during installation. I want to test the installer in a Windows Sandbox and can not install. Is there any option to switch off this functionality, so that I can create an installer that does not need internet?`
regards
Holger

Liviu

Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:58 am

It is 2021 and there is the same issue: ANY project gives this error. A normal installation should not "call home" during installation. I want to test the installer in a Windows Sandbox and can not install. Is there any option to switch off this functionality, so that I can create an installer that does not need internet?`
regards
Holger
Hello Holger,

Can you please go to the "Launch Conditions" page and see if the "Run only if an active Internet connection is found" option is unchecked?

Otherwise, can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and an installation log by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

You can create an installation log by launching your setup package with a command line like this:

Code: Select all

msiexec /i setup.msi /L*V installLog.txt
when using an MSI package type, or a command like this

Code: Select all

setup.exe /L*V installLog.txt
when using an EXE package type.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”