atplsx

Msix Packaging Problem

https://github.com/Chuyu-Team/Dism-Mult ... 1002.1.zip
is there anyone who can help package this program

gives memory and dll error
packaged program link

https://www.upload.ee/files/14189624/Di ... .msix.html
the program cannot access a dll file. I also apply psf redirection file fix but the result is still the same. As far as I understand, the trustedinstaller authorization is required for the program.
Catalin

Re: Msix Packaging Problem

Hello,

Unfortunately, what you are trying to repackage into an MSIX is not an installer, but rather a portable executable.

Please note that only installers can be converted from EXE/MSI to MSIX. For more information, please have a look over the follwing article:

Convert a legacy package to the MSIX/APPX format

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
atplsx

yes I know. but I have run many programs this way. my example is teamviewer. I can send it to you for your review.
Catalin

Hello,

In order to create an MSIX package for your resources, please proceed as it follows:

- create a folder on your computer and extract all the files from the .ZIP in there

- create a Professional project type (or Enterprise/Architect depending on your license type)

- in the "Files and Folders" page, syncrhonize "Application Folder" with the folder where you extracted the resources --> right click on the "Application Folder" --> "Properties" --> "Synchronize" tab

- in the "Digital Signature" page, configure your setup to be signed

- go to "Builds" page and add a new MSIX build. Also here, please remove the MSI build which is created by default

- go to "Package Information" page and synchronize the ID with your digital certificate's subject

- go to "Application Details" page, click on the "New Application" from the ribbon and then select the version of Dism you want to launch (for instnace, I have selected the x64 version)

- after that, remove the .EXE we automatically select (in your case, I think that is bcdboot.exe)

- build and run the MSIX

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”