lornemartin

prerequisites for ARM64

I would like to check for the prescence of the .net Desktop Runtime for ARM64 in my app, and I don't see any ARM64 prerequisites in the list. I am running Advanced Installer Version 19.9. How can I do this, do I have to manually configure it?
Catalin

Re: prerequisites for ARM64

Hello Martin,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

It is indeed true that we do not have specific prerequisites for ARM64 machines.

We have, however, added the following option:
Screenshot_13.png
Screenshot_13.png (40.73 KiB) Viewed 4698 times

which will install your prerequisite only an ARM64 machine, if selected.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
lornemartin

In my situation I want to install the .NET Desktop Runtime x86 on x86 machines, the .NET Desktop Runtime x64 on x64 machines, and the .NET Desktop Runtime ARM64 on ARM64. Currently my installer installs the x64 version on an ARM64 machine. This actually meets the requirements of my program because of the x64 emulation I suppose, but whenever I run an updated version of the installer, it won't detect that it's already installed.

I don't want to check the box as you suggested for this prerequisite, or it wouldn't get installed at all on x64. How do you suggest implementing in the scenario above? Here is a link to my aip file. https://www.dropbox.com/t/EBfDK9ShmbLaSxHh
lornemartin

I finally figured out I can copy the x64 prerequisite and set the copy to install only on ARM64. This seems to meet my requirements.
Catalin

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your followup on this and for sharing your solution with us.

I am sure this will prove to be helpful for further users facing a similar scenario.

If there's anything else I could help you with, please let me know and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”