Zsolt Kollarits

MS Smart App Control of Win11 22H2

Dear Advance Installer Support Team,

Do you have any experience with MS Smart App Control of Win11 22H2? We have a customer who would like to enable it on his side, but it seems our product cannot be installed on such PCs, because the prerequisites (we have several prerequisites zipped inside our .exe file) are causing some troubles and blocking the installation.

Do you support MS Smart App Control? Any hints/tips about how we should change our setup? I'm sending over our .aip file via email, so that you can take a look.

Best regards,
Zsolt
Catalin

Re: MS Smart App Control of Win11 22H2

Hello Zsolt,

I am not super experienced in SAC either, but as far as I know, Advanced Installer should be SAC compatible.

For more information about this, please have a look over the following article:

Your app installation is 100% SAC compatible with Advanced Installer

What I know is that the files should be digitally signed so the SAC doesn't complain.
Screenshot_56.png
Screenshot_56.png (37.81 KiB) Viewed 9796 times

Unlike Windows Defender, it looks like there is no way to whitelist something in SAC. The solution would be to contact the vendors, which is quite the hassle, I'll have to admit.

In your case, you'd need to discuss this with the vendors of your prerequisites.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Zsolt Kollarits

Dear Catalin,

Thank you for your feedback, I will read through the link.

In the meantime I just sent a file to you contains the list of errors the customer is getting when trying to install our product.

Regarding the file-signing part: we are going to sign all of our files, that should not cause any issue in the future, but somehow the prerequisites are still causing some problem.

Could you please take a look?

Best regards,
Zsolt
Catalin

Hello Zsolt,

As far as I can see, the prerequisite package fails due to a DLL not being able to run.

Usually, this happens if the custom action fails. In this case, most likely, that .DLL file is blocked by the SAC.

To be fully honest with you, I am not quite sure how to proceed here. I think it would help creating an installation log for the SQL Prerequisite to further pinpoint which DLL exactly is failing. The next step, I believe, would be contacting the vendor which in this case in Microsoft, perhaps they can help us with this.

Best regards,
Catalin
Zsolt Kollarits

Dear Catalin,

Just for your info, we are still analyzing this issue, and we will get back to you in case we have some more info.

Best regards,
Zsolt
Catalin

Sure thing, Zsolt, please take your time! :)

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Common Problems”