Justin

Can I set install prerequisites with silent mode or not that same as msi installation command line setting

Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:20 am

Hi,
As title, I have a dot net framework 4.8 as prerequisites for post-install and package to msi file.
Can I using the silent parameter of command line to install package that same apply to install prerequisites?

Thanks!!
Best Regards,
Justin

Liviu

Re: Can I set install prerequisites with silent mode or not that same as msi installation command line setting

Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:40 pm

Hello Justin,

I'm not quite sure I fully understand this.

Do you want to silently install the prerequisite when the main package is also silently installed?

If so, please note that this is already the predefined support.

If your main package is installed silently, then the Silent (no UI) command line field is used for the prerequisite.

Each command is used by your prerequisite based on the UI level of the main package, i.e., if the main package runs with full UI the command from the "Full UI" field will be used to call the prerequisite, the same for the rest. This way you can have different command lines for each UI level.
silent prereq.png
silent prereq.png (50.89KiB)Viewed 4872 times

Please let me know if that helped.

Best regards,
Liviu

Justin

Re: Can I set install prerequisites with silent mode or not that same as msi installation command line setting

Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:39 pm

Hi Liviu,
I need when I install msi package with silent then the prerequisites will silent to install and install msi package without silent then the prerequisites will not in silent mode to install. It means when I set the UI level for msi package installation will passthrough the same setting to prerequisites installation.
By the way the prerequisites to install is Dot net framework 4.8.
Is there any way to do it?

I asked this is because the result that I test is whatever I set the ui level for msi package installation will not affect the silent setting in setup files page of prerequisites.

Thanks!
Best Regards,
Justin

Liviu

Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:00 pm

Hello Justin

As I can see, you sent an email and my colleague Dan has replied to you over the email.

Please continue the conversation over the email to avoid duplicate threads.
By the way the prerequisites to install is Dot net framework 4.8.
As a side note, it does not matter what prerequisite you have, I just tested the ".NET Core Runtime" on my end. You need to pass the appropriate command line arguments for your prerequisite (on the Silent field).

Best regards,
Liviu

Justin

Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:12 am

Hi Liviu,
Sorry for the inconveniece. You mean I can pass the appropriate command line arguments to the prerequisite. Could you help me how to do that and how to set the commandline arguments in default? Thanks!!

Thanks!
Best Regards,
Justin

Liviu

Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:05 am

Hello Justin,

I have replied to you over the email.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Common Problems”