marcinadrem

Upgrade not working

Hi.

We have install program created in InstallShield as Windows installer MSI package. New version of our program (install package created in Advanced Installer 7.3.1) was to upgrade previous version. I created upgrade entry in Upgrades page by selecting InstallShield's generated package but application won't upgrade. Seems that new install does not discover previous one (no entry in install log). I created simple package (Enterprise MSI project) in Advanced Installer that was only to uninstall InstallShield package but no lack. Seems like previous installs are not detected. What should I check?

Thanks in advance, Marcin.

I found why previous install was not found. Previous install was build as "Per-user" package and current one is build as "Per-machine" package. I created custom action that sets product code of the application I want to uninstall to the property used by FindRelatedProducts after FindRelatedProducts is called by installer. That way I inform installer to uninstall this application and it works. Sorry for the mess, but maybe this information will be usefull to others after all.

Return to “Common Problems”