srini

Error 2715

Hello,

While installing my installer, during the progress dialog I get a 2715 error. No idea what is causing that. I have attached the log file with this. Please help me finding the problem.

Thanks
Attachments
ModularTestDoersInstaller.log
(129.47 KiB) Downloaded 800 times
GabrielBarbu

Re: Error 2715

Hello,

Are you using any custom actions that make use of a property named "PACK_NAME"?
There might be a custom action trying to launch a file that hasn't been installed yet, so make sure its place in the install sequence is appropriate.

If this is not the cause, the please send your .aip project file to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further investigate the issue.

Best regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
srini

Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for the quick response. I have removed all the custom actions and retried the installer. I go the same error.

I have attached both the aip and the log file again.

Thanks
Attachments
ModularTestDoers.aip
(56.92 KiB) Downloaded 723 times
ModularTestDoersInstaller.log
(129.47 KiB) Downloaded 642 times
Bogdan

Hi

When analyzing your log I came across of the following line:

Code: Select all

DEBUG: Error 2715:  The specified File key ('PACK_NAME') not found in the File Table.
This is a Windows Installer standard error.

When looked into your aip I found in the Organization page the component PACK_NAME which has no element. This is not possible, probably ended up there after an
import made by you.

Here is what you can try to do in order to fix your project:

-- open the .aip with a text editor (Notepad++ for example)
-- at line 94 you will find the following component:

<ROW Component="PACK_NAME" ComponentId="{453B8A94-91F3-4679-9725-7656BE64BC94}" Directory_="APPDIR" Attributes="4" KeyPath="PACK_NAME"/>
-- delete this line and save the file
-- reopen the project with Advanced Installer and try to rebuild it

Please let us know if the problem persists.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
srini

Hi Bogdan,

If I remove the line, I get 'Unexpected exception' error.

Any idea?

Thanks
srini

Hi Bogdan,

I was a bit unclear in my previous post. I get the 'Unexpected exception' error while opening the aip after removing the line you specified.

Thanks
Bogdan

Hello,

Sorry for that, I forgot to mention that you also have to remove the component from the features row.
More exactly in the aip you will find the following text:

<COMPONENT cid="caphyon.advinst.msicomp.MsiFeatsComponent">
    <ROW Feature="Doers" Title="MainFeature" Description="ModularTest Doers" Display="0" Level="4" Directory_="APPDIR" Attributes="0" Components="Charlie.ext CharlieAPI.dll CharlieDoer.dll PrototypeCharlieAPI.dll USBCaptureWrapperDoer.dll Bmls.ext BmlsDoer.dll BvlsDoer.dll CaptureDoer.dll CCPOpsDoer.dll DefectCategorisationDoer.dll DefectCorrectionDoer.dll DefectDetectionDoer.dll FilterDoer.dll FocusAlgorithmDoer.dll FocusToolDoer.dll FPNDoer.dll FrameGrabberDoer.dll FrameMakerDoer.dll FrameParamsDoer.dll FrameParserDoer.dll FramePlotDoer.dll FrameStatsDoer.dll FrequencyAnalysisDoer.dll GPIODoer.dll I2CDoer.dll ImageAnalysisDoer.dll ImageCombineDoer.dll ImageDisplacementDoer.dll ImageExtractionDoer.dll ImageScaleDoer.dll LedLightSourceAPI.dll LedLightSourceComms.dll LedLightSourceDoer.dll LedLightSource_0_API.dll LedLightSource_0_GPIO_API.dll LedLightSource_0_RS232Com_API.dll LedLightSource_GPIO_Comms.dll LedLightSource_RS232Com_Comms.dll OsirisE3Doer.dll PRNUDoer.dll S370Doer.dll ViperDoer.dll VisionDoer.dll CCIFPCI165.dll CCIFVision.dll CCInterface.dll Windows Manufacturer PACK_NAME InstalledDate Version Windows_1 AI_ExePath"/>
Remove from here the component name "PACK_NAME" that can be seen on the last line. This should make your problem disappear.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
srini

Thanks Bogdan. That solved the problem.
jes

Hi,

I got the same issue.
I tried the above steps.
and after saving when I tried to open the file, I am getting "Unable to find the row with id error "

Please help.

Thanks,
jes
Catalin

Hello Jes,

Is this related to the other issue you have mentioned in this thread?

If so, if I understood correctly, everything works as expected now.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”