Ulf

What to do when Richtx32.ocx needs to bee installed

Hello, on some XP installations the richtx32.ocx is missing.
I added richtx32.ocx to Windows Volume->Windows->System.
Fore properties I added system, vital and Auto register file (Dll, ocx, etc) and
Self register native library. Do not no witch permissions to set.

After building the installation I unregistred the richtx32.ocx and renamed it.(Can't use Run Log since the .ocx is needed whilw biulding).

After finnished installation no ocx file is copyied to system21 dir, and following error shows up while runnninf application.
Run-time error '339'
"Component 'richtx32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registred: a file is midssing or Iinvalid"

If I previuss only uninstall "regsvr32.exe /u C:\WINDOWS\system32\richtx32.ocx" and reruned the installation the application run without errors.

Welcomes any ideas.

Runs version 7.7 of Advenced installer
Cosmin

Re: What to do when Richtx32.ocx needs to bee installed

Hi,

Try using the "Extract registration info from native library" option and see if the problem persists. Please note that registering this file with your installer is not recommended because the uninstall process may remove it.

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Bjammin

If registering this file is not recommended is there a better way to do it? All I can think of is install in in your app folder, is that correct.

Thanks
mihai.petcu

Hello,

You can try to register your file during the first install using the regsvr32 command in a custom action. To make sure the custom action runs only during install you should set its execution condition to:

Code: Select all

(Not Installed)
Regards,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”