Celeborn.Thingol

Start menu folder

Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Hello,

A brief explanation of my setup:

2 products, each that install to COMPANYNAME/PRODUCTNAME. The Company name is the same!

The issue that I am having is in regards to the start menu entry where after installing both products, it results in 2 folders of the same name rather than just 1 folder (company name) and then each of the products listed within.

Also, when I remove one product, it then removes the shortcuts for the other.

Is there anyway I can stop this and share the one company folder?

Cosmin

Re: Start menu folder

Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure why this happens. Can you please send us the .AIP (project) files of the two products to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Regards,
Cosmin
Cosmin Pirvu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

trial

Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:53 pm

Hello,

I'm having the same issue.
What was the resolution to this?

Thanks.

Daniel

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:04 pm

Hello,

This may happen if you are using the same install location for the "Application Shortcut Folder" directory from "Files and Folders" page. To check its set path just go "Install Parameters" page -> "Application shortcut folder" field and check the path configured there.

Another possible reason could be the way how you created the second project. If you have simply copied and pasted the first project and then open it in Advanced Installer and start customizing it, then please note this is not the correct approach. When you want to create a new project for a new product starting from an existing project (base project) you should use our "Save as template" option to create a project template. Then you should use this template to create the project(s) for another products.

Let us know if this helped, otherwise please send us your AIPs (project files) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further investigate this.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team

Daniel

Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 pm

You're welcome.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team