PMI

View Selected Features and Prerequisites on VerfiyReady Dlg.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:28 am

Hi,

Does anyone know how to display the selected features and prerequisites on the VerifyReadyDialog? Is there any built-in variable/property that contains the selected items from the QuickSeletion Tree Dialog?

Some background info:
Before continuing the installation, I would like to display a list of selected items that will be installed.

Thanks,

mihai.petcu

Re: View Selected Features and Prerequisites on VerfiyReady Dlg.

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:36 pm

Hello and welcome to the Advanced Installer Forums,

You can try to add a SetProperty published event on the "Next" button of the CustomizeDlg. This event should set a public property with the property name of the Selection Tree( by default it is called _BrowseProperty ). You can then add either a "Quick Selection Tree"( Enhanced UI ) control or a "Selection Tree" on the VerifyReadyDlg, both of them disabled.
This way the user will see what features will be installed before they press the "Install" button. You can have a similar implementation with the "Prerequisite Selector" control.

Best,
Mihai
Mihai Petcu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

PMI

Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for your reply. This solution comes close to what I want. It would be perfect if I can leave out the unchecked items.
I''m thinking in the direction of a custom action that evalutes the selection tree for checked items and display the checked items only.

Thanks,
Easen

Bogdan

Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Hi Easen,

This cannot be done with a selection tree. The selection tree is entirely controlled by Windows Installer and you cannot hide the features that are not selected.

A workaround would be to add another control (for example a listbox) through which you can print a list with the features selected for installation. To do this first take a look
over this tutorial that explains how to populate listboxes and comboboces.

What you need do is to create multiple "SetProperty" custom actions in the InitEvents tab from the VerifyReadyDlg through which you insert in the property
AI_LISTBOX_DATA the name of each feature, one by one. Each event will be using as a condition the feature state, you can select it easily from our "Edit Condition" dialog.

At the end you will need to call the custom action "PopulateListBox" which will parse the value of the property set previously and display in the listbox.

Regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team

PMI

Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:41 am

Hi Bogdan,

It works.
Thanks for the instructions.

Easen

rafizan46

Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 pm

Hi,

Can admin post example project on how to display selected feature in quick selection list on verify ready dialog? im quite confuse on this discussion. Im trying to do exactly what discussed here. Thank you.

Catalin

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:19 pm

Hello,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

I am not quite sure I understand what you want to achieve here.

From what I understand, you have a quick selection list in which the features are shown (e.g. the "OptionalFeatsDlg") and then you want to show these features (the ones which were selected for installation) again in the "VerifyReadyDlg"?

If that is the case, I am afraid that this will be a little bit troublesome, if you have more features. For instance, if you have 3 features, there will be 6 options.

If that is not the case, please give us some more details so we can further assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

rafizan46

Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:02 pm

Hi Catalin,

Thanks for your reply, I already found a solution and my problem is solved :)

Catalin

Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:39 am

You are always welcome.

I am glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Catalin
:)
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team

Return to “Common Problems”