LCarter11

Creating package to install on windows NT

Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Hi, I'm new to Advanced Installer and I'm evaluating it to see it it would fit my company needs. one of the systems we still support and would have to create install packages for is running windowsNT 4.0. I tried creating a small package to run on it and received "setup.exe is not a valid Windows NT application". I verified that I have Windows NT 4.0 checked under setup launch conditions, what else do I need to do in order to get my package to run under windows NT?

Thanks,
Lisa

octavian.vasilovici

Re: Creating package to install on windows NT

Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer Forums,

We created a package and tested it on a Windows NT 4.0 machine ( no Service Pack installed) and were unable to reproduce this behaviour. In order to further investigate this can you please, send us your AIP project file to support at advancedinstaller dot com? Also, a verbose log will be helpful.

Best Regards,
Octavian
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Octavian Vasilovici
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/
Last edited by octavian.vasilovici on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Octavian Vasilovici - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

GabrielBarbu

Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:31 am

Hello and Welcome!

Like Octavian said earlier, we do test our installers on NT, as we support them.
Please make sure the following is true:
- on the Launch Conditions page, System Launch Conditions, under Supported Operating Systems you have any of the "Windows 9x Versions" checked.
I'm not sure this will work, but at this point, it is worth a try. Please let us know how this worked out for you.

Best regards,
Gabriel
Gabriel Barbu
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

LCarter11

Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:12 pm

Thank Gabriel, checking those options worked.

Return to “Common Problems”